Friday, September 22, 2006

Nitpicking with wit, the picks of Nitwit.

Well as I sit here wasting time in my appointed cube it is time for me to try to make myself look knowledgeable on football.

Lets see what is going on, on campus.

Wisconsin at Michigan (-13.5) Great win last week by Michigan. Are they back or are the Irish a tad overrated. We will see. But Saturday I see them winning, but not by too much. The Badgers give a good fight as Michigan suffers some let down. Michigan 25 – 20

Colorado at Georgia (-27) Dan Hawkins you left the Smurf turf for this. I think all the good work Barnett did at Northwestern gets tossed out because CU is awful. Georgia 38 – 10

Buffalo at Auburn (-41 Yikes) This is what they call a body bag game. I hope the money is worth it Buffalo. Auburn 56 – 9

Arizona State at California (-9) This one might be very entertaining till the fourth. I see Cal playing more like the team that would have at least given the Vols a fight. Cal 31 – 20

Penn State at Ohio State (-17) Ohio State marches on toward Phoenix. Sorry Joe Pa all you get out of this game is motivation for next years game. Ohio State 37 – 17

UCLA at Washington (+3) Washington has fallen from its loft perch in the Pac-10, but has shown a lot of moxie so far, win at Fresno and hanging at Norman. The Bruins looked good against Utah, bad against Rice. I think they step into it this weekend and Ty Willington continues to make his case on staying at WU. I hope I am wrong, but Washington 27 – 20

USC at Arizona (+21.5) Call animal control they need to pick up this bloodied Wildcat. Again I hope I am wrong USC 40 – 14

Notre Dame at Michigan State (+3) I think it will be safe to take the over. The Spartans always show up for the Irish. I think they will again and put the Irish title hope officially out of its misery Spartan 30 – 28

Now on to Week 3 of the Pros

Washington at Houston (+4) I am so tempted to take the Texans because the Skins are an expensive mess. Bordering on Paris Hilton, but they will pull this one out. Skins 28 – 21

New York Jets at Buffalo (-5.5) How about those scrappy Bills. Maybe the old man does know what he is doing. The Jets are showing progress, but not enough to win this week. Bills 23 – 12

Jacksonville at Indianapolis (-7) This one is getting a lot of hype and rightfully so since the Jags did impress on Monday Night. They have won here so an upset is not out of the cards, especially if Freeney is out. But it Dome Sweet Dome and the Colts win, but not by much. Colts 24 Jags 20

Green Bay at Detroit (-7) You must be bad when the team you a touchdown underdog to a team that also has not won. Yuck. The Lions win in an ugly display of football, which seem to be a trend these days. Lions 16 – 7

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (-2) This is the game of the weekend. I think we will definitely see more points than we saw Monday night. The yapping has already started from the Bengal’s, which should lead to some entertaining trash talking on the field. Also beware of Joey, after the dog incident this week he might me a little testy, which is rare with Joey. If the Bengals had not got as dinged up I would take them, but I think the Steelers hold home field and pull one out. Steelers 28 – 24

Tennessee at Miami (-10.5) The Fish get a gift, and their playoff hopes get some reviving. Well until the next game. The Titans are a mess. Jeff Fisher is going to make some other team very happy when this season ends. Fish 25 – 10

Chicago at Minnesota (+4) I do not know who has impressed me more. Is it the Bears and Grossman, or the toughness that the Vikes are showing right now? I think the Bears continue to grow and get people in the Windy City excited about January. Bears 20 – 14

Carolina at Tampa Bay (+3) Chris Simms meet Julian Peppers. You will be seeing a lot of him. Pray he does not eat onions Sunday morning. Mr. Gruden go find Applewhite, he is good at cleaning up after Chris. Panthers 26 – 10

Baltimore at Cleveland (+7) Sadly the Ravens are back and terrorizing teams again. Again it is showing it is tough to be a Browns fan. Ravens 29 – 9

New York Giants at Seattle (-3.5) Great win by the G-Men and they will give a fight, but a long trip and the poor secondary will make this a frustrating day out. Seahawks 31 – 24

Philadelphia at San Francisco (+6) Eagles dropped one they had and losing the Freak makes it even more of a shot to the gut. They regroup this week, but the 49ers are showing life. Eagles 30 – 27

St. Louis at Arizona (-4.5) The Cards are going to rebound and the Rams will again have problems as the loss of McCollum at center will still hurt them. Cardinals 27 – 13

Denver at New England (-7) Which Bronco team shows up. Shanny always has this team ready to play against the Pats. But I think the Pats will make life tough for Jake (note to Broncos please, please prove me wrong). The Broncos keep it close but the Pats prevail. Pats 24 – 10

Atlanta at New Orleans (+4) Could the NFL set this up any better? Not really unless they were behind the Texans taking Williams so the Saint could get Bush and try to revive the franchise, or if things don’t go well the franchise has a star so if it moves it can grab the fans. I am just saying there may have been NBAesque conspiracy ala Pat Ewing and the Knicks. But I am just one man with a wacky theory. This game will be off the charts on emotion and will be a cracking good game till the Saints get a stop on the Falcons when they need one. Falcons 31 – 26.

All right, I have to get ready and blow this taco stand. So have a good weekend and wish me luck in Vegas. I won’t be able to sit and enjoy all the football glory, but I will be able to catch some.

No comments: