Friday, September 08, 2006

Welcome back football, lets us never fight again.

Last night was the start of NFL season and I was giddy like a school kid who had been taking huffs off freshly mimeographed copies.

Where to start where to start.

The game was a little sluggish, but that was to be expected for an opener. But there were very few penalties so a pretty clean game.

Not even before the first week even finished we already have people bitching at the zebras. I think they should go back to having the buzzer, but the review is all on Saban. He can't wait, he needs his people to give him an answer quicker.

For all those who say the refs love Pittsburgh, what about the PI call they did not get in the third quarter. Batch had the guy open for a big gain and the Dolphin DB came in early and interfered with Wilson trying to catch.

I think Fast Willie will do just fine

Joey, is something you are not telling us. Hey if there is, I am not going to say that there is anything wrong with that.

I think Heath Miller is still open. Come on in know he got some wheels, but when a TE goes more than 25 yards without getting touched, then you should have 11 players and a coordinator walking home.

I can hear Viking fans giggling. Dante will get better, but this is one of the things along with the secondary that make me take pause with the Dolphins. This team is a wild card team, unless New England falls hard. I am not saying this is a bad team. I am saying they are not as great as some advertise.

Back to Culpepper, he was not totally bad, he did make a nice throws. His throw to Welker on 2nd down on their drive before the half was a wonderful touch pass.

Speaking of Welker he did a fantastic job, his return and his first half catches put Miami in position to get their 10 points.

The O-Line may be a problem for Miami. Pittsburgh D is an elite unit and does a lot of things other team don't, but they were not sharp. Miami got protection early, but when Pittsburgh dialed up the pressure. Culpepper had people in his face all night.

Also 38 yards rushing on 18 attempts is not going to get it done. To me it will be interesting to see if Brown is up to taking the load. Or are they going to miss Puffy Puffy Herby Herb. He did show a nose for goalline, but in all fairness they need to get him more carries. If they are running less than 20 times a game they are screwed.

Charlie Batch 3 TD's. I only had one beer, so I was not drunk. Hmmm. He played very well. He did not force too many. This is big, because the Steelers could allow Big Ben more time to recoup.

28 - 17 not too far off from 20 - 17. But don't worry I am will quickly come back to earth with my other picks.

Other items before I finish.

Attention Nike, you may want to rethink your Briscoe High Ad's. Or at least making Mike Vick transfer. Briscoe has to come from behind to win. Also you have LT make the game winning pass. That say Vick was overthrowing everyone like it was the Powerade ad. You shmucks have LT, Vick, Urlacher and Palamalu and you almost lose to that team. Thanks, since you could not cover the 35 1/2, I lost money. You rat bastards. I say fire Shula. Also one last thing, if Jillian Barbarie is attending your high school then the mascot needs to be changed to the Skanks. Yes, I did go there. What of it?

No comments: