Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So we are done with Week #2.

Well I still know very little about college football. Speaking of Separation Saturday.

I think it will be safe to say that Oklahoma will not schedule any games at Pac 10 stadiums for a while, if possible. Man that was botched beyond recognition.

Speaking of getting jobbed, what happened on that mugging that was committed late in the 4th? I thought it was a penalty. Sadly LSU could score in the 9th and dropped a 7-3 decision. Does the Auburn Qb get credit for a quality start for this game?

USC beats Nebraska - So I am to believe that Bill Callahan has this huge playbook. Why did it seem he ran the same 8 plays all night. Hey Bill when you get done patting yourself on the back for not giving up 50 points, you need to remember your still lost.

Holy Touchdown Jesus, you guys got clubbed by Michigan. Well the Irish can cancel those plans to head to Phoenix this January.

Let's hear it for the Cuse, you gave the Illini a beat down. I hope the Orange will see they are not the biggest program to suck ass. The Illini are now a Superfund site.

Can Louisville have anything more happen to it best players? First Bush now Brohm.

Texas bounced back and went all Atkins Diet on Rice. It ridiculed and abused a carb all day.

Nice little comeback by the Gators. Well now it looks like the heat maybe put back on Fulmer.

Speaking of hot seats. Larry Coker you better update the resume because how do you lose with those players?

So how did I do with my five picks.

Ducks 30 Sooners 19 (Actual Score Ducks 34-33) W(L) Even in the loss, Peterson should be in the final three for the Heisman
Auburn 28 LSU 20 (Aubur 7-3) W (W) - Punters deserved game balls, this game was about field position.
Irish 30 Wolverines 21 (Wolverines 47 - 20 ) L (L)This loss was almost Jerry Faustian in nature.
Gators 27 Vols 23 (Gators 21-20) W (L) It takes something to come back from 17-7 amidst the sea of Orange at Nyland Stadium.
USC 49 Nebraska 20 (U$C 28 -10) W (W) I still hate you USC, I hate you very much.

4 - 1 SU and 2-3 ATS
8-2 for the year SU
5-5 ATS for the year

Before we get to the pros here some random thoughts on


Baseball

In instead of gifts, please send a LF and set up men to the Chicago White Sox. I will have an Arizona address for you to send those to soon.

Mets win the NL East, oh yeah. Great I see another Subway Series coming, which means I can catch up on my napping. Yes I am a bitter White Sox fan, but I can not get behind another all New York World Series. Now if this was pre-1958 okay I am down, but I am not.

Hey Pete maybe you could sign some more baseballs and write, "I am sorry I a douche". You are a real class act Pete.


Hockey

NO this can't be happening. They do not make Finnish goons like they used to.

NHL Exhibition - you can catch the games at your local Sunglass Hut.

Soccer

Damn you Arsenal, damn you!


Alright enough of that lets get to the NFL

This week was not a grand as last week

Buffalo at Miami (-6.5) My pick Miami 23 - 16 Actual score 16 - 6 Bills - L (L) looks like the Bills are better and the Pins are not as great as many hoped.

Carolina at Minnesota (+1) My pick Carolina 20 - 14 Actual Score Minnesota 16 - 13 OT. L (L) Hi, Panthers Special Teams coach I just need to ask, WTF? Why try a trick play at that point?

Cleveland at Cincinnati (-10.5) Cincinnati 38 - 17 Actual Score 34 - 17. W (W) Sure the Browns got beat, but they did beat on the Bengals. Go check out the injury list.

Detroit at Chicago (-8.5) Bears 19 - 12 Actual Score Bears 34 - 7 W (L) Didn't the Bears score 41 points all season last year?

Tampa Bay at Atlanta (-5.5) Bucs 24 - 17 Actual Score Falcons 14 - 3 L (L) Since it be talk like a pirate day. Avast ye Jon Gruden you and ye team need to stop soiling the poop deck and be manning the pumps. For this vessel be sinking. Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Oakland at Baltimore (-12.5) Ravens 20 - 3 Actual Score Raven 28 - 6 W (W) I told you Mr. Brooks to be afraid. This was not a game but hobo beating.

New York Giants at Philadelphia (-3) Eagles 26 - 21 Actual Score Giants 30 - 24 OT L (L) For 3 quarters it looked like the Eagles were back, but sadly they forgot they had to play 4. That is a real tough loss and it got worse with losing Kearse for the year. Ouch!

New Orleans at Green Bay (+2) Saints 35 - 24 Actual Score Saints 34 - 27 W (W) Well I think the NFL could have not written a better script for next Monday nights game.

Houston at Indianapolis (-13.5) Colts 38 - 10 Actual Score Colts 43 - 23 W (W) Looks like the furniture is safe for another day

Arizona at Seattle (-7) Seahawks 37 - 26 Actual Score Seahawks 21 - 10 W (W) My fantasy hopes may be dashed since Porkchop is out for a few weeks. Now Hassleback and Alexander will disappoint me.

St. Louis at San Francisco (+3) 49ers 23 - 13 Actual Score 49ers 20 - 13 W (W) The Niners will win only 5 but they should be a pain in the ass all season for teams.

Kansas City at Denver (-11) Broncos 28 - 14 Actual Score Broncos 9 (gulp) 6 in OT W (L) Wow this was awful, but they got a win somehow. Jake you beginning to worry me.

New England at New York Jets (+6) Pats 30 - 10 Actual Score Pats 24 - 17 W (W) Hey I will hand it to the Jets for fighting.

Tennessee at San Diego (-11.5) Chargers 28 - 10 Actual Score Chargers 40 - 7 W (W) Oh sweet jebus what happened here. This game was almost as ugly as the Raider game. Titans good luck putting together the highlight slideshow this year.

Washington at Dallas (-7) Cowboys 20 - 9 Actual Score Cowboys 27 - 10 W (W) I can already hear the little man start to go ape shit. Note to Dan, you can spend money, but spend it on players who can play. Brunell has nothing left in that arm. Well you might have kept Ramsey a little longer now. Or maybe try to get Volek since Campbell is not ready. Hey just a thought.

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville (+2.5) Steelers 17 - 14 Actual Score 9 - 0 L (L) This one made the Broncos/Chief game seem like an old AFL shootout. Both D'd looked good, but Cowher if Ben has a 103 temp then sit him. Try to win with Batch. I think you ran a huge risk by play Ben.

So Week #2 Boski was:

11- 5 SU
8 -8 ATS

Which puts us so far at
24 - 8 SU (75%)
18 - 14 ATS (56%)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I understand it, there are about 100 of the autographed Rose baseballs. When I screwed up in elementary school I had to write it at least 500, usually a thousand times. Once again he's getting off light.

Boski93 said...

I can already hear him blaming Fay Vincent for his baseball's being leaked.

Again John Dowd has been vindicated.