Friday, September 08, 2006

A slapdash NFL predictions and Week 1 picks.

Hello everyone. I am going to take a square peg and hammer it in to a round hole this afternoon. I have spent the last few months reading anything about the NFL that was not bolted down. Okay I tried, at least. So the NFL has kicked off and we begin the march to XLI. Here are my picks. Don't worry in a couple of weeks we will all have a laugh.

I am not going to bore you with my reasons. Well maybe later.

NFC East
Dallas
Philadelphia
New York
Washington

NFC North
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Green Bay

NFC South
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Atlanta
New Orleans

NFC West
Seattle
Arizona
St. Louis
San Francisco

Wild Cards Philadelphia and Tampa Bay

AFC East
New England
Miami
Buffalo
New York Jets

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Cleveland

AFC South
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Houston

AFC West
San Diego
Denver
Kansas City
Oakland

Wild Cards Cincinnati, Miami

Playoffs

NFC
Dallas over Tampa Bay
Chicago over Philadelphia

Carolina over Dallas
Seattle over Chicago

Carolina over Seattle

AFC

Cincinnati over San Diego
Indianapolis over Miami

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati
New England over Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh over New England

Super Bowl XLI

Pittsburgh over Carolina

But most importantly

NFC covers the 3.5 at the Pro Bowl.


Okay are you still there?

Good here are a couple picks for Saturday.

Penn State at Notre Dame (-7.5) ND wins 32 - 24
Colorado at Colorado State (+2) Colorado bounces CSU like a bad check 28 - 17
Rice at UCLA (-27) Rice, please find a comfortable spot behind the woodshed you will there all day Saturday UCLA 58-20
Oregon at Fresno State (+3.5) Team Rollerball shows that they will be in the upper half of the Pac 10 Oregon 26 - 20

The Game of the Night
Ohio State at Texas (-2.5) I like Ohio State since they will have enough D and get enough O to win a close one. OSU 23 - 20

The Pros

Denver at St. Louis (+3.5) Being the pessimist I am I see Miami all over again, but we will be in the game longer. St. L 27 - 19
NYJ at Tennessee (-2.5) This game looks like a mess, but the Jets will squeak out a win NYJ 16 - 10
Atlanta at Carolina (-5) Panther figure out Vick and Foster shows the Falcons they are still soft up the middle. Car 30 - 20
Cincinnati at Kansas City (-2) One of the most interesting match-ups of the weekend. So how will the Edwards Era begin. I say with a loss. Cinn 38 - 27
Seattle at Detroit (+6)- Rod Marinelli welcome to the NFL. Sea 28 - 13
Philadelphia at Houston (-5)- Texans will be better, but not today. Phil 24 - 16
Baltimore at Tampa Bay (-3) - Another game that has me going back and forth, but I like Tampa. TB 20 - 10
New Orleans at Cleveland (-3) New Orleans gets off to a good start. Clev still trying to fit Crennel's system. N.O. 31 - 25
Buffalo at New England (-10) Buffalo may be extinct by 3rd Quarter. N.E. 30 - 14
Chicago at Green Bay (+3) Farve came back for this. Chi 13 - 9
San Francisco at Arizona (-7.5) The Cards favored by a TD and playing at home. I feel whoozy. Ari 28 - 13
Dallas at Jacksonville (-2) Jacksonville when 9-1 against sub .500 teams 12-4 total. They need to show they can play with the big boy, but Dallas prevails. Dall 21 - 17
Indy at New York Giants (+3) - I can not wait . . . for this game to be over. Sure it may be a great game but I am sick of the Peyton/Eli hype. I cringe if they play against each other in a Super Bowl. Indy 30 - 24

Monday Night - Lets play two.

Minnesota at Washington (-3) I still do not like this team and their crash is coming sooner than later, but they beat the Vikes. Wash 26 - 17

San Diego at Oakland (-3) Hide the children this could get ugly. S.D. 31 - 10

I am out of here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]