Friday, September 29, 2006

Well it is Friday and time for the picks

(Okay I was so rushed that I had to finish this on Sunday)

So here is a very rushed set of picks for you. Stupid work and it requirements for things to get done.

As we saw last week I am horrible against the number. So I am going to drive right back in and hurt myself some more.

Here are my college picks

Alabama at Florida (-15) Urban Meyer and the Gators do some Urban renewal all over the Tide. Gators 39 - 12

Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech (-9) How does Chan Gailey keep his job? I am going to go out on a limb and say the Hokies block a punt. Hokies 27 - 17

USC at Washington State (+17) The Trojans are still trying to find an identity. The Cougars are trying to find a way to spring Dennis Erickson from his job at Idaho. Trojans win, but I think the Cougs cover, barely. USC 28 - 16

Purdue at Norte Dame (-14) Will the Domers be up for this Intra-Indiana scrap. Considering last weeks great escape. I think they win by just enough. Irish 41 - 24

Stanford at UCLA (-23.5) The Bruins need to vent their anger on the Cardinal this weekend. Last week was just god awful. They win but Stanford covers. Bruins 35 - 21

Ohio State at Iowa (-7) Ohio State is the team to beat. Is Iowa the team to do it. I think not. Even though I have a soft spot for the Hawkeyes because the logo and uniforms are what my high school had. I hope that the Iowa wins even if it means Tom Arnold would be happy, but I think Ohio State imposes its will and wins. Buckeyes 23 - 14


Now let me try to give you a quick run down on the NFL Week #4 before I hit the highways.

San Diego at Baltimore (+2) Show me your Lighting Bolt! Just kidding I think if you take the under you will be happy. This team is a litmus test for both. Both have feasted on bad teams so what happens when they step up in class. I think the Ravens will get enough to win. I think they will be all over Rivers. Ravens 13 - 10

New Orleans at Carolina (-7) I used to have a hard and fast rule about the Saints. Never trust them, but now it seems I may need to move that title to the Panthers who win when you don't expect them and then let you down when they should win. But I will give them one more shot. Yes the Saints are 3-0 and playing great, but they just came off a huge emotional win and the Panthers need this game or they will put themselves in non playoff friendly situation. Panthers 27 - 19

Miami at Houston (+3.5) Someone loves the Dolphins because here is another winnable game for them. A chance to get back into the AFC East race. But I am going out on a limb. I think the Texans get a win. Texans 24 - 21

Indy at New York Jets (-9) The Jets have been the surprise so far and are in the hunt, but I think the Colts remind them that they are still rebuilding. Especially if they can not run the ball. Colts 35 - 18

Dallas at Tennessee (-9) Even with the T.O. Circus the Cowboys will abuse the Titans. But the T.O. situation makes me think what level will the Eagles fans go to taunt him when he makes his return to Philly. I can't imagine what the kind warm people that are Eagles fans will do.? Cowboys 20 - 9

Arizona at Atlanta (-7.5) I would have loved to seen Leinart play, because the Falcons would have beaten him silly. The Dirty Birds rebound and make life tough for the Red Birds. Falcons 28 - 17

Minnesota at Buffalo (-1) The Vikes have shown a ton of grit and could be 3-0. The Bills have done the same and they could be 3-0, but I think the Bills lose another tough one. The Bills are getting better, I know that is of no consolation to the fans right now. Vikings 20 - 14

San Francisco at Kansas City (-7) Right now Chief fans are trying to find Elvis Grbek or Rich Gannon, since they know Damon Huad is not the answer. They are in a tough one. They win but the 49ers give them a scare and cover the points. Chiefs 20 - 17

Detroit at St. Louis (-6) Hey kids, it is the Mike Martz Bowl. Rams look to win and help maintain calm in St. Louis as the Cardinals choke away N.L. Central. I think the Rams grind it out. Rams 23 - 16

Cleveland at Oakland (+3) How is anyone favored in this one. This might be the worst game of the year. The Browns won here last year, but with out Droughns the falter. Raiders 10 - 6

Jacksonville at Washington(+3) Jacksonville should be 3-0 right now. They have a good D, and the Offense is starting to come around, but almost does not cut it. They had a chance to beat Indy and they did not take it. Today they face a Redskins who finally decided to show up last week. Sure it was against the Texans but they showed up. I think the Jags grind out a win that is high on punch you in the mouthitude and low on style points. Redskin fans, it may be time to start worrying. Jags 20 - 13

New England at Cincinnati (-6) I keep hearing the "don't go against Brady or the Pats." I think the Pats are in for it today. The Pats are talented and will make the playoffs, but not having the passing game his hurting them. Now if they can withstand the Bengals assault early and be in a position to run the ball, then they have a shot. But Bengals will have too much for the Pats and win 27 - 20.

Seattle at Chicago (-3) A great matchup that would have been better if certain running backs who get drafted by me in their fantasy drafts, didn't break their foot! But I am not bitter about that. So the Bears have a chance to show the country that you may be seeing them play in February. So far they have produced some O for that D. The scary part is that they have not gotten the running game going. Another game if you love the under, take it. Da Bears 16 - 10

Monday night

Green Bay at Philadelphia (-11) Will they actually show us the game or will the camera be on Farve the whole time. Look Farve is wait was great. He is still better than a lot of QB's in the league, but I am over it. The Packers have set themselves back years for having him come back. Packer fans you remember how nice things were back in the 80's, well that where you are heading. As for Monday night, this will be a track meet. Since both teams have problems in the secondary the footballs will be a flying. But the Eagles will at least be able to make a stop, so they roll the Pack. Eagles 34 - 21.


Now please excuse me, I must go dent the couch for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you forgot to include the home field disadvantage in Oakland. The Raiders always play like "I'll bet you won't love me anymore if I lose AGAIN! I'll prove it"

Anonymous said...

The niners gave KC the kind od scare like "I ain't doin' no mouth to mouth, YOU do it" "No, I ain't doin dat s--t, f 'em"