Monday, October 02, 2006

From the wreckage we take a look at what happened.

Was I drinking when I made some of these picks?

So Week 4 is almost done and let me go all Quincy on this and review the body.

College Picks

Alabama vs Florida (-15) W (P) Bama had them under wraps until half time and then the Gators just ran all over them

Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech (-9) L (L) Hey I just got a nice card from Chan Gailey, and look it's a picture of a middle finger. Well I earned that one.

USC at Washington State (+17) W (W) Wow this ended up being even closer, but SC made enough plays to win.

Purdue at Norte Dame (-14) W (P) Not as close as the score shows, but the Irish have an awful secondary.

Stanford at UCLA (-23.5) W (L) Boski, you have to show some more faith in this team. They pitch the shutout, but the O still has some issues in the Red Zone. But the D has made huge strides and Special Teams got them another punt block which set up their first score.

Ohio State at Iowa (-7) W (W) The Hawkeyes, just like the Golden Hawks of El Dorado, they wilted in the bright lights.

So I did better this week in the college ranks with 5 - 1 SU but was 2 - 2 - 2 ATS

SU 20 - 4
ATS 10-12-2

Now that was the good news, here comes the bad.

The NFL

San Diego at Baltimore My pick (+2) W (W) Marty you did it again. Marty, at the end of the 3rd Quarter just leave the stadium. You still have not figured it out have you. There is a time to play it safe, but you play it so the safe lands on you. Seriously does someone have to put a stake in Steve McNair's heart to stop the guy. That dude is $3 prime rib tough. Sadly, I think his quality of life after football is going to suck, but damn he is unflappable and the guy makes plays. (My pick Ravens 13 - 10 Final score Ravens 16 - 13)

New Orleans at Carolina (-7) W (L) The pesky Saints kept it close. But you could see at points there just were not clicking. I thought they would have had a bigger let down, but I was wrong, again. The Panthers needed that game if they had any hopes at the division. They are cutting it close. This team has the talent and should be winning by bigger margins. This team is only 5 points away from being 0-3 in the division. But this is why you play the games. ( My pick Panthers 27 - 19 Final score Panthers 21 - 18)

Miami at Houston (+3.5) W (W) Jason Taylor if it was not for the Raiders I would say you were right about your team. This team is a mess. It looks like a subway station, five turnstiles no waiting to hit Culpepper. Also right now Ricky von Blunty is missed. They need to pound the ball so they don't have to see Dante get tee'd off on. Ronnie just is not giving them what they need. Such a high pick for a guy who was never the #1 RB. I think I will be proven wrong but that is what it looks like right now. It does not help that they have a NFL Europe quality O-line. Hey Fin fans, you may have to break the glass and break out Joey. Not what you wanted, but I think he could give them a spark. Also when you going for the 2pt conversion that may save your season and you don't have Culpepper throwing the ball. That tells me that Culpepper is still off. I think he came back too soon and he just does not have his feet beneath him. (My pick Texans 24 - 21 Final Score Texans 18 - 15)

Indy at New York Jets (-9) W (L) This was probably the most entertaining game of the week. I can't wait to watch the replay on the NFL Network. Oh that's right Time Warner is still being a dick. Team Starcrossed looks like they mad the right choice with Mangini, even though that 4th down play was as dumb as all hell. But we will see if the Jets can escape their past. Just when you think things have changed and they will finally put it together, so thing happens. Injuries, Joe Walton, locus you know things that make you say, "Oh those wacky Jets". But also yesterday shows why you have to put the Colts away or they will kill you. Manning with 2:00 and the football you are just asking for heart break. He is no John Elway, but he's not too shabby at the 2 Minute Drill. The Colts even at 4-0 have some issues, stopping the run and special teams will come back to bite you in the playoffs. I will say the Jets final play reminded me of the the Irish in the Rugby World Cup, coming up short, again. (My pick Colts 35 - 18 Final Colts 31 - 28)

Dallas at Tennessee (-9) W (W) Wow, someone has done something to take the spotlight away T.O., congrats Mr. Haynesworth. I have a feeling that somehow this will come back to T.O. After the game Sunday, the only thing that got it worse than Andre Gurode's forehead, was the Titans and their fans. (My pick Cowboys 20 - 9 Final Score Cowboys 45 - 15)

Arizona at Atlanta (-7.5) W (W) Looks like Kurt Warner has got the Bird Flu. Either that or he was doing a great Dave Krieg impersonation. Oh wait, Krieg actually would drive his team for scores, and give his team a shot to win games in between the fumbles. Next week Matt Leinart steps up and gets beat on. The Cards showing us that they are still the Cards. (My pick Falcons 28 - 17 Final Score Falcons 32 - 10)

Minnesota at Buffalo (-1) L (L) I was way off on this one. The Bills right the ship and beat the Vikes who are having too many problems generating points. So Eric and Kevin, please send me your virtual kicks to the groin for not see the power of Bills.Also as penance I will say 10 Jim Kelly's and 8 Andre Reeds. (My pick Vikings 20 - 14 Final Score Bills 17 -12)

San Francisco at Kansas City (-7) W (L) Just when I thought I was way off on a game I got one to top it. Again I must have been on something to say they the 49ers would cover. Well I missed by 34 points. Also here I am giving Huard crap and he makes my pick look like Todd Blackledge. You got me. . . this time. ( My pick Chiefs 20 - 17 Final Score Chiefs 41 -0!)

Detroit at St. Louis (-6) W (W) It was like things hadn't change. Footballs flying, point scoring and the Lions lose. But this time the man who gave us the Greatest Show on Turf had to get into a shootout, but sadly he had to do it with the Lions. Matt Millen what did the city of Detroit ever do to deserve this, seriously? (My pick Rams 23 - 16 Final Score Rams 41 - 34)

Cleveland at Oakland (+3) L (P) Did I seriously pick the Raiders? Wow that was just wrong. This was a tough, tough game to watch with all the 3 and outs, interceptions, sacks, fumbles. Every once in while both teams would display some flashes of talent and execution, but not too much. The Raiders showed America, that Sunday they were Committed to humiliation. You are up 21-3 at home against a team that is 0-3, and they are not very good. So what do you do? You lose. Pack it in fellas. Lets just use the best CFL team to take your place. The brain melting moment of the game was watching Frye almost duplicate his goaline throw last week. Up seven and in the red zone. Third down he is running trying to keep the play alive, when he throws a cross field jump ball in the End Zone. Oh surprise surprise it's picked. You could have ended the game right there by just throwing an incomplete and you kick the FG and you are winning by 2 scores. No let's give the Raiders a chance to go down and score. How Crennel did not punch him in the mouth still boggles my mind. Again Charlie, THROW THE BALL AWAY! (My pick Raiders 10 - 6 Final Score ( Browns 24 -21)

Jacksonville at Washington(+3) L (L) So how about that defensive struggle. Both D's struggled to tackle people. What did Santana Moss have about 3 miles after the catch. Who are the Jags, are they a contender or not. The Skins may be finding life. See what happens when you get the ball down the field. ( My pick Jags 20 - 13, Final Score Redskins 36 - 30 OT).

New England at Cincinnati (-6) L (L) Boski maybe it is time to shut your yap and listen to the experts. This team still has Brady, Belichek and a good D. I think they know what they are doing. Until they lose two in a row I am taking them to win after any loss. Period. But even in my total wrongitude on the matter it was satisfying to see the Bengals get busted in the chops. So Who Dey got suckered punched? Who Dey. Calm down the Super Bowl talk till you stop the run. ( My pick Bengals 27 - 20, Reality Pats 38 - 13)

Seattle at Chicago (-3) W (W) Okay I knew the Bears would win, but I did not see this coming. Even without Alexander this is not a bad team, but they where all over Hassleback. Bears where coming from every direction. The Seahawks should be happy the Hassleback is still standing. The bigger problem is not Alexander, but the leftside of that line is having problems. Spencer, a center, playing guard is not working so far. (My pick Bears 16 - 10 Final Score 37 - 6 ) I can already hear the Bear fans preparing who win, Masters Tiger Woods or Da Bears? That one is easy, Da Bears shot a 17 on 18 holes. If coached by Ditka then they shoot 13 for 18 holes.

So that leaves the Monday Night Brett Farve Worship Night. Oh boy, I can't wait to hear Kornheiser and Thiesman will gush about Farve, until a jealous Madden comes in drunk and threatens Tirico with a broken Jager bottle. The Eagles will beat on the Pack, but Bret Farve will put up a heroic 19 for 38 passing. Totally 254 yards for 1 TD, 3 Ints and 4 sacks. Look Farve is a Hall Of Famer but he should have walked away from this mess.

No comments: