Tuesday, October 24, 2006

From the Chared Remains

Let me now finish up the post mortem on my Weak # 7 picks.

Denver at Cleveland (+4.5) My pick Denver 19 Cleveland 12 Reality Denver 17 - 7. W (W) The Broncos do it again, if it was not for a Plummer Int in the 4th, the Broncos had a shot at another game without giving up a TD. The D was lights out again, it not only knock around the Browns, but it knocked out it's Offensive Coordinator. Even as great as the performance was the O is still worrisome. Jake had two picks, they dropped another TD pass and had to settle for 3. This will not be enough to beat the likes of the Colts who roll into Denver this week. To make things worse, they lose their left tackle for the year. So Christmas is coming early for Freeney, Brock and Mathis. This weekend 17 points is not going to do it. The Offense has to get them points and put pressure on the Colts Defense which has been a weak link. They need to grind them up in the high altitude. But they are 5 -1 and on top of the division, so things are not dire. The next few weeks we see what the Broncos are made of. The Browns may need to be put down by a vet.

Minnesota at Seattle (-6.5) My pick Seattle 27 - 17 Reality Minnesota 31 - 13 L (L) I hate you Seattle, I hate you. Thanks to you, my roto team is screwed. First Alexander and now Hassleback. You better pray that Robbie Gould kicks 9 FG's a game or I am coming for blood. Wow, the Vikes took it to the Seachickens. The Seahawks were in this game till Hasselback went down and then the Vikes were off. Seneca Wallace didn't look so hot. The Vikes are a legit playoff team. It can play some D and they grind out the yards. If they can get more efficient, then the Bears need to keep the foot on the pedal because the Vikes will be there if the Bears some how fall over themselves. Now the Seachickens will have to get through one week without both of their stars, and two more with out Hassleback. They go to KC, home for a Bye/Oakland and St. Louis, so what seemed a lock for a division repeat may now become a panicked run for a wildcard.

Arizona at Oakland (+1.5) My pick Arizona 19 - 10 Surreality Oakland 22 - 9. L (L)From it get worse department. The Cardinals go from the embarrassment of losing a 20 point lead at home, to an embarrassing loss to the worst team in football. Looking at this game, you have to ask, are there really any winners here. I don't think so. This pick was one of my dumbest yet.

New York Giants at Dallas ( -3.5) My Pick Dallas 23 -30 Reality Giants 36 - 22. L (W) I said the Giants would cover, but I feel covered in dog shit for picking the Cowboys. I looks like Romo era has begun, and not too well by the looks of it. It was not pretty. He had some moments, but there were some bad throws. Not as bad as Bledsoe's throw in the 2nd. Drew WTF? Even I know that you do not make that throw. How that throw did not kill Parcells amazes me, or that he did not kill Bledsoe is also a mystery. So it is a good day for the Cowboy haters of the world as they eagerly watch this bus driving toward the cliff. As for the G-Men, they hold first place for now. The team that was ready to kill each other after the Seahawk game seem to finding a rhythm.

So Weak Seven goes into the books as:

4 - 9 SU
4 - 9 ATS

Oh wait I there was a bit of sunshine on this weekend. Looking at my college picks I did better.

9 - 1 SU
5 - 5 ATS


Now let us look at the big board for the totals.

College

44 - 12 SU (67%)

22 - 21 - 3 ATS (41%)


NFL

65 - 35 SU (65%)

40 - 55 - 5 ATS (40%)

Why are these looking more like my English grades.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I contemplate the brief should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Again a fair post. Thank your also pen-friend