Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October baseball

Baseball at its best.

So what do I have for you.

National League

San Diego over St. Louis (3-0) This one will be one of the few "bad" series. The Cardinals may roll over. This team was the first team to free fall into the playoffs. The limp in to October with their closer out and no momentum they are toast. Albert Pujols can only hit 4 times a game. I will hand it to the Friars. The have the right man running the show. Bothcy wins and he does it with less talent then most teams. The shame is that his best team made the mistake of running into the 1998 Yankees. But this teams wins with pitching and D. I just would like to seem them breakout the bad Carls Jr. uniforms of the late 70's again. Those were fresh.

New York over Los Angeles (3-2) This will be the best series of the first round, maybe of the whole playoffs. The Dodgers come into the playoffs flying. This team has been streaky all year. But right now they are very thin on arms and the Mets are a team you need as many arms as possible. The O has picked up and they will make some hay against the Mets. I have to hand to Dodgers for doing a great job getting this team back into the playoffs, without having to give away the farm to do it. I hope the Dodgers prove me wrong and win. Them and the Padres are the teams I can tolerate winning it all. The Mets come in as the class of the NL, even with losing Pedro and their lack of momentum coming into the playoffs.

New York over San Diego (4 - 2 ) Another entertaining series. At this point the Met bats will be rolling and the Padres will not be able to keep up.

The American league

Oakland over Minnesota (3-1) I am enjoying the crow I am eating. Well Frank Thomas I am back to rooting for you sooner than I thought. Billy Beane's moneyball finally wins a series. The Twins have played great since May, but right now they are down to one great pitcher, a rookie named Boof, a guy whose arm may fall off (Radke) and a couple guys named Moe. I just think they will not have enough pitching. Now if they had Liriano it would be different.

New York over Detroit (3-0) Hey Detroit, congrats on being the feel good story of the year. Your reward, a series with the Yankees. This team had a 10 game lead and ended up as the wild card and if the White Sox had not quit they might be looking outside. Their young arms are tired and now they face the Yankee bats, with Matsui and Sheffield back. Maybe this will be done in 2 games

New York over Oakland (4 -1) The A's will show fight, sadly it will be after they are down 3 - 0. The A's will not have enough to get at the middle relief.


Sadly that means we will get what most of America could careless about. Another Subway Series.

The games will be fine and it is not the action on the field that will piss me off. It will be all the hype being rammed down my throat. I know I am petty and jealous.

Yankee over the Mets (4-2) This series will be better than 2000, but Met fans you will have to suffer more torment from Yankee fans.

No comments: