Monday, October 23, 2006

Week #7

Sorry I could not get my picks to you sooner. Looking at them maybe it was for the best. But it is weeks like this that make me say,"I LOVE THE NFL". Just when you think you have a handle on things, they take a totally different turn. Come on a 62 yard field goal to win, at sea level, that is nuts! Oh do I love this game so. I know I would be bemoaning if it was the Broncos losing a game like that, but seriously it was an entertaining weekend. The scary thing is I didn't even watch any of it. If I had, my brain would have melted.

Now let us look at me and my supposed football knowledge. Here are my picks I had researched and plotted out as of late Saturday afternoon.

San Diego at Kansas City (+5) My Pick San Diego 28 - 13. Reality Kansas City 30 - 27. L (L) Well I would have loved to known that Lights out was going to be sitting in the penalty box for the next four games. But I did not look at that the Chiefs are 19-6 at home the last 3 years and 14-9-1 ATS. But the Chiefs were desperate and again we see that the Chargers can't cover people. Now with Merriman out and a couple of other injuries the Chargers now have some issues. Also it looks like the Chargers are having problems springing L.T. He did catch and throw a TD, but he still has yet to get 100 yards rushing. L.J. on the other hand did show up and let the Chargers know it. If you wanted to see TE's you got it here. The only thing that topped them was what happened in Atlanta.


Pittsburgh at Atlanta (+2.5) My pick Pittsburgh 27 - 19 Reality Atlanta 41 - 38 OT. L (L) It is this game that will make me want to blow up Time Warner Cable. Since I don't have the NFL Network I will not be able to watch the replay of this. Shame on you Time Warner, shame. This game reminds me of the Simpson's episode (Homer the Heretic) Except from The Simpson Archive

Homer turns on the television, only to be disappointed that it's a discussion show.

" We interrupt this public affairs program in order to bring you a football game."

Homer polishes off a bag of chips as he watches the football game.

"Oh, Doctor! A 98-yard triple-reverse ties the score at 63--63! We have seen nothing but razzle-dazzle here today, three visits from Morganna the Kissing Bandit, and the surprising return of Jim Brown!"

That sums it up. Vick throwing for 4 TD's and not one of those was an INT being taken back for six. Take that L.T., maybe we will have Qb controversy at Brisco High. Big Ben throws for three scores. Gets knocked out, then Batch comes in and gets two himself, including one late to get them tied. Ward getting three scores, one without a shoe. Alge Crumpler, crumpling DB's all over the field. You would have thought that the Steelers where trying to tackle both Crumpler's (come on you forgot about Carlston). Then the end of regulation where they make the kick, but does not count. Which leads to a miss, but a penalty that moves it closer for one more shot. And that one is missed by a player who roomed with Otto Graham. Then the Steelers get a shot, but lose that opportunity to the penalty that the Rams thought should have occurred last weekend. Sorry I have to take some Dramamine I am getting woozy. It is a game though I think both teams fans should not be too happy with. The Steelers gained 500 yards and lost, thanks to costly turnover that the Falcons made them pay for. Now the Super Bowl Champs are 2 - 5 and it is not getting any easier from here on it. Falcon fans, until Vick does this week in and week out he will constantly tease you. They did a better job stopping the run, but giving up half a k, does not bode well.

Green Bay at Miami (-4.5) My pick Miami 23 - 17. Reality Green Bay 34 - 24. L (L) Joey Harrington throws it 62 times, of course you are going to lose. But Miami you were winning this game at half and you have Ronnie Brown, and you let Joey throw it. Surprise, surprise he throws three INT's, and one of those was returned for a TD. It is bad times for the Miami football teams. Green Bay congrats you beat someone who worse than you and they did most of the work for you.

New England at Buffalo (+5.5) My pick New England 23 - 20. Reality New England 28 - 6 W (L) Even when I win I lose. I thought this Buffalo team would at least show up and give the Pats problems like they did not opening day. Nope, the only trouble they game the Pats was that of Boredom. Though the Pats losing Seymour for any amount of time will hurt. The Bills just look lost right now. The Pats aren't getting style points, but they keep winning.

Jacksonville at Houston (+9.5) My pick Jacksonville 20 - 16. Reality Houston 27 - 7 ! L (W) Okay I thought that the Texans would cover the points, I did not expect them to drop an anvil on them. The Jags lack of a big play target kills them. That along with the Jekly and Hyde personality they have will keep them from being a threat to get to the Super Bowl. They are kind of like a defensive minded version old Atalnta Hawks of the late 80's worlds of talent, but they just put it together for extended periods of time. The Texans have won two games, and it's week 7. See they didn't need Reggie Bush.

Detroit at New York (-3.5) My pick New York 20 - 17 Reality New York 31 - 24 W (L) I had faith in the Jets, but not enough. The scrappy Jets are over .500. They did the right thing with the draft. Going with Ferguson and the steal, Mangold was the right way. Now if Pennington can stay upright, they have may get back sooner than later, but these are the Jets and disaster is always around the corner. Lions try to take solice in that they are not the worst team in the NFL.

Philadelphia at Tampa Bay (+5)My pick Philadelphia 31 - 20 Reality Tampa Bay 23 - 20. L (L) I think the man who pens Fortress of Pillows put it best on how most Eagles fans feel today, "62 yard kick in the groin". To see the team make huge play to get the lead back late to lose it on that. I am still shaking my head, he cleared that by a couple of yards, and he did at sea level. This the same man who Giant fans hated, comes up with this. But then if Donovan was not throwing passes to the Barber who not retiring then maybe they are not in this situation. Also, Donovan pre-game nachos never are good idea.

Carolina at Cinncinati (-3.5) My pick Carolina 24 - 20 Reality Cinncinati 17 - 14. L (W) Jake, why did you go all Plummer and throw that INT. Well it looks like the Panthers are doing what they do best. I know they were the underdog, but this was a game they should have won and they didn't. This team is taking the Saints old mantle of team who you can never trust. The Bengals got out with a win. Hey, gutsy call on fourth and 1, late in the game. You better be glad it worked, because there would be problems with this team if they had slipped 3 - 3. Do they rebound and play like what the experts expect? Well will see.

Washington at Indianapolis (-9) My pick Indianapolis 29 - 21 Reality Indianapolis 36 - 22. W (L) Well it looks like the Colts giving up a 2nd for Booger worked out for them. Since they were down another DL he helped. The Skins again fall over themselves. I think the 15 play drive, down 33 - 14, where they missed a FG sums up their day. There last two drives were that 15 play one in the 3rd and a 14 play drive that got them a late touchdown. Guys you needs scores and you need them quick. Even against a cover 2 you have to move the ball up the field. Take some chances. But hey, you are the Redskins, it is all about winning in the off season.

Well I am looking at my watch I have to book it out of here. I will finish this up tomorrow. But before I go here is my Monday Night Pick.

New York Giants at Dallas (-3.5) This one will be close, I think the Cowboys eek it out, the Giants cover, but Bledsoe holds the dogs off for one more week. Dallas 23 - 20.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great Post – very COOL!!!