Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Now all the results are in.

Let's see the damage.


College

I made 14 picks

Here are the good

Bowling Green losing to Ohio State but covering (Ohio State 35 -7)
BYU clubbing San Diego State (BYU 47-17)
Michigan clubbing Michigan State (Michigan 31-13)
Cal beating the Ducks (45-24)
Vols win bigger than expected between the hedges (Vols 51-33)
Longhorns take it to the Sooners (Texas 28-10)
Navy puts itself closer to the Commander and Chief trophy (Midshipmen 24-17)

The Bad

Arizona losing but covering at UCLA (UCLA 27-7)
USC breaking out over Washington, sure they won, but they could have lost (USC 26-20)
The Gophers cover, but did not win (Penn State 28 -27)

The Ugly

Buffalo letting me down. Mental note tell Eric not to send them money (Ball State 55-25)
The Cuse letting me down at the dome (Pittsburgh 21-11)
Texas Tech get mugged by Tigers at home (Tigers 38-21)
LSU loses at the swamp, Florida grind up the Tigers (Florida 23-10)

The results

SU: 9-5 I have done better
ATS: 8-6 Better than the last couple of weeks

Year to date:

SU: 29-9 (76%)
ATS: 18-18-2 (47%)

Now to the Pros

First Last weeks totals were

SU: 10-4
ATS: 7-6-1

Bears (-10) W (L) My first mistake was thinking the Bills were at home. Maybe they would have been better off staying there. Wow the Bears looked great again in a three phases. (My pick Bears 18-14 Final Score 41-7)

Panthers (-8) W (P) The Panthers win again, but just enough. (My pick Panthers 21-14 Final Score 20-12)

Pats (-10) W (P) Another push as the Pats push the Dolphins closer to early tee times in January. Also someone has to do something about the turf at Gillette Stadium. Kickers just are falling left and right. But the Pats showing that they are still some of the smartest people in the room for getting Maroney. But they do need to pick up the passing game. As for the Fins. They did the right thing by going to Harrington. They played better, but this team has issues in the secondary and the O-line. (My pick Pats 31-17 Final Score 20 -10)

Vikings (-6.5) W (W) When you fall behind any team 17-3 in the 3rd Quarter you most likely will end the day with a loss. Unless you are the Raiders or the Lions. I wonder how many gamblers broke something when Kitna threw his last Int. The Viking showed a lot of grit and they put 23 on the Lions in the 4th. The Lions now entering the Quinn Derby. (My pick Vikings 23-16 Final Score 26-17)

St. Louis (-3) W (P) The Rams had to fight to the end, but they win. The Pack had their chances and they could not make a play when they needed to. And now Brett is asking himself, "why am I here?" Now the Rams get a Seahawks, without Alexander at the dome next Sunday. Should be interesting. (My pick Rams 28 -17 Final Score 23-20)

Saints (-6.5) W (L) The Saints keep winning. They pull it out with Bush's punt return. I swear is this a NFL team of a feel good movie. Now the schedule gets tougher, but they are winning and I think they have confidence and that may carry them to wins at home and some road wins. The Bucs season may be lost, but they may have found something. Gradkowski did a great job. I thought with Gruden's system, the Saints pass rush and the dome would spell doom. But the kid did his job and put them in the position to be in the game. (My pick Saints 31-20 Final Score 24-21)

Colts (-18.5) W (L) This should really count as a loss for the Colts. How did the Titans come in and push the Colts that far. The Titans rammed it down the Colts for most of the game. They gained over 200 on the ground. This should be of concerned about this. But the Colts still get a win with another late drive by Manning (My picks Colts 41-20 Final Score 14-13?)

Redskins (+5) L (L) I hate both of these teams. Can both of you make up your minds. This week the Giants beat on the Skins. The Redskins failed to exploit the Giants secondary and the could not make the stops on D. The Giants did a great job bottling up Portis and Manning did a good job making some plays down the field. (My pick Redskins 23-20 Final Score Giants 19 -3)

Chiefs (-3.5) W (L) Well the Chiefs are taking to Huard very well at the helm, they are still not able to spring Johnson. He has been grinding it out, but has not had one of those really big games, yet. The Cards will now go the rest of the season with Leinhart. I hate the guy, but he did a decent job Sunday. You could see that is greenness cost him at the end, but the Cards should just ride him the rest of the season. (My pick Chiefs30-22 Final Score Chiefs 23-20)

Jaguars (-7) W (L) Wait the Jets finally scored. (My pick Jags 27-24 Final Score 41-0!!!)

49ers (-3) W (W) The Raiders keep going strong. Sadly Raider fans it is in a circular motion in a toilet. I change my mind, the Rhein Fire would now be an 11 point favorite. (My pick 49ers 28-17 Final Score 34-20)

Eagles (-1.5) W (W) The T.O. Bowl is over thankfully. The best part is that the National Guard was not need. The Eagles showed that they are the class of the NFC East. McNabb is making a case for MVP. He made all the throws. The Eagles are dinged up, but they keep winning. Drew Bledsoe deathwatch is now in full swing. (My pick Eagles 26-21 Final Score 38-24)

Steelers (+3) L (L) See Marty what happens when you let your QB throw the football. The Chargers did a great job in stuffing the Steelers in the second half. You could see the Steelers we not in any kind of grove, other than the TD drive in the 2nd Quarter. Big Ben is off. You can see things are not clicking as they have. Is it because of the injury or is it because they are taking away Ward. Or is it they miss Bettis. What ever it is the Steelers need to fix it and fix it fast, sitting at 1-3, things may be getting desperate soon. If the Chargers can keep playing like this, then teams will need to be afraid, very afraid. (My pick Steelers 24-20 Final Score 20 -13)

Broncos (-4) W (L) This was the first time I have seen the Broncos bully the Ravens and not the other way around. The Broncos go into their second bye, oh wait they get the Raiders. The Broncos need to stay focused and pound them. They will need every win the can get, because the schedule get tough from here on. (My pick Broncos 17-15 Final Score 13-3)

So we again learned that I can pick straight up, but I am for shit on the line. But since I forgot to tally Week 4 I will roll those out.

Week 4

SU: 10-4 (Solid)

ATS: 7-6-1 (I hate to say that is a good week)


Week 5

SU: 12-2 (Not bad)

ATS: 3-8-3 (Oh man, I may lose lunch)

Season Totals

SU: 54-20 (72%) Better

ATS 30-39-5 (43%) Ewwwwwwww

No comments: