Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend Wrapup.

Okay let me lay out my thoughts and theories from what I watched, heard, or thought I heard or watched.

Let's start off with Baseball. Well I do not understand playoff baseball, since I only picked two of the series right. But I was way off on the # of games.

Was I doing crack when I picked the Padres to win their series, or that the Dodgers would have at least made it a series? I think I was. As for the Pitty Kittys. I will handed it to them they treated the Yankees like the liter box. Speaking of cat shit, how about that A-Rod. Speaking of Yankees stinking, it does look like 200 million just does not buy the same anymore. All that money and you couldn't buy another decent starter who was not over 35. Right now Wang is the ace of that staff by miles. Saturday when they had to run Jarret Wright out you knew it was over. Jarret Wright who is still living off the 1997 World Series. But the best part of all of this is that Old King George might be back . So there is hope we could see the Yankee go back to 80's when they spent way too much on guys who suck. And to top it they are thinking of bring back Pinella. Which will end poorly. So Yankee fans please enjoy. I know I will.

Padres would have trouble scoring runs in a T-Ball league. You need pitching and D, but you do have to get a hit or two.

Cards win, so what is the best you can roll out to face the Mets. Jeff Weaver. Mets lead the series 1-0.

I know I said that coming in the Dodgers were the streakiest team in MLB. Well it looks like they had one of their bad ones. The wheels just came flying off. They made strides this year, but you could see this was a patch work team. It will be interesting to see what happens next. I think LA and Anaheim will be throwing around a lot of money on Free Agents this off season.

Speaking of L.A. Saturday was a huge day for L.A. Sports. Two major college football programs playing at home.

USC is very lucky to have escaped with a win. The new rules got the Huskies at the end. As the BCS comes out today, the Trojans do not deserve to be #2. The Gators have beaten better opponents at this time. So they deserve it. People out here are just getting ancey over the fact the Trojans are not killing people by 40 points. Well I tell them to shut it. A win is a win.

As for the Bruins they played well again on D. Allowing on 7 points and knocking out a QB. The last few seasons the Bruins had given up 7 points during warm ups. The Offense is still not where it should be, but I was impressed on how Cowan came in for Olsen and moved the team. Next up they venture north to play the Ducks.

The Dodgers - The Blue Crew packed in another 50K plus to Chavez Ravine for playoff baseball. Which has been lacking over the years, as compared to the 70's and 80's. Sadly they stumbled all over themselves, even when they manged to get back into the game, they still shot themselves in the foot. Two many times they had unproductive at-bats. The Defense was not sharp and the pitching was awful. But that can also be attributed to the Mets being better and making the Dodgers pay at every turn.

The Kings - The scrappy little bunch shook off the loss to the Ducks on Friday and whaled on the lowlier Blues. Wow, that is franchise that has really fallen. They won 4-1, but more importantly they may have found something.
The Kings are giving play time to a rookie by the name of Anze Kopitar. The boy may be as ugly as sin, but he got a spark. Got two goals opening night and 3 assist Saturday. I know five points in two games at the start of a season is not a sign to get playoff tickets, but the kids shows something. His last assist is what I loved. He's on the break as he make a run at the net he is fending off the defense man, protecting the puck and as he gets ridden out past the keeper he gets the puck back out in front. Which was then scooped up and put in the net by Sopel. But again it is October and there is not even front on the pumpkins

College Football notes.

Auburn made to look a fool by the Razorpiggies. They just took it to them.

Florida another big win. Beating a good LSU team, again they should be the 2nd ranked team in the country.

Oregeon get out ugly jerseyed by Cal. Who put it too them. I was very surprised by how bad they beat them.

Texas deep fried the Sooners at the Texas State Fair.

I was watching the parts of the Tennessee/Georgia game could someone tell me what happened. I blinked and the score went from 31-27 to 51-33.

John L. Smith, that slap Saturday was from Michigan.

Okay, I will now say the Missouri Tigers are not be taken lightly. They may be the Big 12 North Champs. Since Nebraska is beatable. Sure they will get pounded by Texas, but it has been a long time since they played for something.

Well I have to pretend to work. I will give my wrap up of the Pros tomorrow after I have viewed the Ravens/Broncos.
Man I hate those freaking Ravens. The Broncos need to get a win tonight, they need to keep pace with the Bolts. Also, I love seeing the Ravens knocked down a couple of pegs. Ravens this, Ravens that. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. Which means they will probably win a very ugly game tonight in which the Broncos lose the game and about 8 starters for the rest of the year. So, just in case I am starting to get out my hate for the Ravens now. I hate rush hour. But I really should have faith in this team. Shanahan will have them ready to play and I think they want to prove something tonight. So Mike prove me wrong and let us rub salt in their wounds.

No comments: